Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn!

I have been accepted to Squeenix's next phase of A Realm Reborn: The beta!

Yessss


FFXIV posts incoming. Expect some fail. 

More fail than that.



-----

Posts will change based on what I'm allowed to show off. Hopefully just some screenshots and some talking about the game.

FFXI was the first online game I got into, so I was very excited for FFXIV when it was first released, but like so many other people, I was so disappointed! It was bland, and it did a poor job of making the player feel very important. Of what I played, nothing was challenging, satisfying, or enjoyable. There was no real community because there was no need to rely on other players.

FFXI was different, at launch. Sure, now, it's much more soloable, but you used to require a balanced party of people who did their roles well. The monsters were tough! Getting an especially good party and spending hours with them, it was a good formula to make friends and have a strong community.

So at the relaunch of A Realm Reborn, I was ready to be cynical and say they'd have to dig way too deep to fix the game. I'm still not completely sure, but everything I know of the game now is different from what it used to be. It's all shaping up to look like classic Final Fantasy again.

Expect recommendations/impressions at the end of this beta phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment