Monday, August 19, 2013

Final Fantasy XIV: The World, Eorzea

Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

It's beautiful. End of post.

Okay fine, I guess I'll write more...




One big issue XIV had on launch was the world's design. The layout of cities was confusing, the map wasn't helpful, and nothing felt intuitive or easy about navigation. Along with the new interface, many maps were redesigned to be easier to maneuver in. Sadly, during this testing phase, I only had the time to get very acquainted with Ul'dah and the areas surrounding the city.

Lovely!

I'm a grade A expert at getting lost to tell you the truth, but I never felt like the game wasn't doing its job in helping me find out where I needed to go (Aside from finding monsters in the Hunting Log, maybe, but I believe that finding the monsters is the whole point of the Hunting Log.) The world is still large with plenty to explore, though, and filling up your Hunting Log is a good way to encourage players to explore Eorzea.

No comments:

Post a Comment